Dream Girl Banner

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Writing and not writing, that's life.

Well, I've put up two author interviews here this month.  From the overwhelming lack of comments, I don't know if you're impressed or ho-humming.  I prefer to think you're stunned speechless because Susan and Michael are pretty awesome.  Feel free to comment and let me know what you think of them too.  Up next will be Christy Raedeke, who is another wildly awesome author.  She has written a book called THE PROPHECY OF DAYS which I'll tell you more about when the interview goes up. 

In the meantime, I thought it would be nice to shine the spotlight back on myself.  Not because I'm that vain but because there are some things happening that are of note. 

1.  Sean Ingvard Ashby, my utterly talented illustrator has completed his work on PAJAMA GIRL.  All that's left is to submit the manuscript to Meegenius.com and wait a couple months to see how we fare in the contest.  Regardless, it was a fantastic experience to collaborate with Sean and to actually 'see' how my little Pajama Girl looks through someone else's mind.  She looks incredible and Sean was a joy to work with, so if you're looking for an illustrator and you dig his style, hire him.  Don't delay.  He's crazy talented and fun too.  Hooray for Sean! 

2.  DREAM GIRL is currently kicking my ass.  If I gave birth to this manuscript in March, then she's turned into a snotty teenager now and will not cooperate.  Chapter 18 refuses to be written properly, thus effectively putting revisions in a firm standstill.  Well, sort of.  Convinced that I did not lay the groundwork properly in chapters 1-17, I've gone back to the beginning, again, to sort out what the problem is.  I'm back up to ch. 8.  So far, so good...if I say so myself.  So the problem must be between 9-17.  However, the kids and I are sick with a hideous virus, my poor daughter the worst of the lot, and frankly, I don't want to revise right now.  I really want to be querying, but one step at a time.  And the author interviews are a whole lot of fun too.  (Hint, if anyone needs to hire an interviewer, I'd love to do it!)

Well, I guess that's all the news there is for now.  Please let me know if you're enjoying the interviews.  I certainly am!   

No comments:

Post a Comment