Dream Girl Banner

Friday, September 6, 2013

Dream Girl release progress

Molleen Zwiker, Paul Flower, Barbara Pietron, S.J. Lomas, and Jody Lamb
So many wonderful things going on! I have to fill you in. First, August had a fantastic event, the Buy Michigan Now Festival in Northville, MI. My YA publisher, Scribe Publishing, had a booth for all of their wonderful books, current and forthcoming. I got to hang out with my Scribe family and we had a fantastic time! But don't take my word for it. See for yourself! Planning is in the works for us to possibly do another event later this year. I'll keep you posted.

Next, I'm crazy busy preparing for the official launch of Dream Girl. It takes an unbelievable amount of work to get a book launch off the ground. Naturally, I hope it will be a smashing success, but we won't know that until later.  Here are the important details.
Thank you to my sister-in-law for designing this fab flyer!
  1. Dream Girl officially releases November 12, 2013
  2. There will be a launch event at Barnes and Noble, Green Oak Village Place, in Brighton, MI on Sat. November 16, 2013. 3pm.  
 In addition to this launch, I am delighted to be working on another fun project with Scribe, the inaugural flash fiction contest! If you're a writer or you're interested in writing at all, please enter our contest. I am serving as one of the judges and I can't wait to see the submissions! All the info. is here.

Lots of exciting things going on here! If you want in on the excitement too, I hope to see you at the book launch. Regardless of whether you can make it, there are other ways to support the launch. I found this great article by Chuck Sambuchino titled How to Support an Author's New Book: 11 Ideas for You.  As much effort as I, and my publisher, put into marketing and event planning, we can't make the book be a success. That only happens if readers respond. I am so humbled by all the support and encouragement I've received from my family, friends, co-workers, and fellow writers. I sincerely hope you'll browse Mr. Sambuchino's article and see if there's anything you'd be comfortable doing to help Dream Girl. (Bonus: most of the ideas do not involve money leaving your wallet. Hooray!) I couldn't have made it this far without you and I can't be successful without you either. Thank you for all you've done already. I hope I can thank you in person at the launch.

- S.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment